Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If you have to ask, the answer is, "No!"

My new SKETCHERS Resistance Runners

BACK STORY:
Last February, my parents and in-laws visited The Santa Monica Luskeys to celebrate my (and my Mother-in-Law's) birthday! At one point during the weekend, we waltzed into the SKETCHERS store. My Mom and I bought a pair of matching Shape Ups and I have been wearing them - daily - ever since.

I think it's funny when I am wearing my Shape Ups and people ask me, "Do they work?" Call me sensitive, but I just feel like this is such a loaded question. I mean, do they think I used to be morbidly obese and bed ridden and I have whittled myself down to this size by simply wearing Shape Ups? Are they staring at my least favorite asset and thinking, "If that's what a tush on Shape Ups looks like, count me out!" Isn't this a prime example of, "If you have to ask, the answer is NO!" Now, I'm sure Shape Ups have a different effect on different people depending on their initial fitness level, etc. but I don't really wear them because I think if I sleep in them they will continue to burn calories by way of osmosis. (Although I would totally do it if that would be the result.) I really wear Shape Ups because I am on my feet all day at work and that extra cushion under the soles makes a huge difference.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO TODAY:
Last night, my most recent purchase arrived in the mail. My new Shape Ups, called SRR (SKETCHERS Resistance Runner) and touted as the "Cadillac of Shape Ups" will hopefully be just what I need to add that extra pep to my step. And if it burns a few extra calories while I'm running around my office - great!

No comments:

Post a Comment