Sunday, January 9, 2011

Makin' Whoopie (Pies!)

My little whoopies ready to go to work!

My lovely sister-in-law, Jackie, gave me a whoopie pie cookbook for Chanukah and a special whoopie pie pan that was on backorder and just arrived this week. Of course, I had to test out some of the creative recipes as soon as humanly possible. I decided on the graham cracker whoopie (in hopes to produce a s'mores whoopie pie), but unfortunately couldn't find any graham flour. I had already made the classic marshmallow filling and the whipped chocolate ganache so instead of tasting like the intended s'mores, they taste more like generic-not-overly-sweet biscuits with chocolate and marshmallow filling. Could be worse!

The whoopie pies, looking more like scones in this picture...

One side whipped chocolate ganache,
the other side marshmallow topping!

Side view: Delish.

That smile says it all.

Yes, I probably should have picked another flavor whoopie when I realized I didn't have the key ingredient that would make them taste like their intended flavor. Yes, a tick more research before using my whoopie pie pan might have yielded prettier whoopie pies. But, I had fun, made a huge mess and Brian said he thought they tasted great. Isn't that all that really matters?

1 comment:

  1. looks SO good!

    it's okay, i made a meringue double layer cake that came out disgustingly and i watched, in horror, my dinner-mates pretend to like it. it was basically like eating a big plate of eggs with peppermint extract in it.

    WHOOPIE!! xo

    ReplyDelete