Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Summer Barbecue


Sunday afternoon we were invited to our good friends' (Dan & Angel) apartment for a final barbecue before they move into their new place. Dan and Brian are fraternity brothers and Angel and I immediately bonded over our love for wedding planning. There were 10 guests and everyone brought something to contribute or throw on the grill. We brought a Mediterranean Layer Dip which was a huge hit and SO easy! It was such a crowd pleaser (if I do say so myself) that it was demolished before I had a chance to get out my camera.

Mediterranean Layer Dip
  • Choose a nice dish
  • Spread a generous layer of hummus (we're partial to Sabra brand)
  • Chiffonade fresh spinach leaves
  • Slice some cherry tomatoes
  • Sprinkle with Trader Joe's feta with Mediterranean herbs over the top
  • Bon appetite!
The above chicken legs were soaking in a homemade marinade created by Angel (she's an incredible hostess and chef) and looked so delicious when they came off the grill, I couldn't resist snapping a shot!

No, I didn't make this pie. I know it looks like I'm proudly showing off my hard work, but I got so excited when I saw this - and even MORE excited when I learned it was made (from scratch) by one of the bachelors in attendance - I just had to have a picture with it too.

I know I've said this before, but we are so lucky to have such special friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment