Today we went on a Santa Monica food tour organized by a company called Six Taste. The tour began in the Santa Monica Farmer's Market where I noticed these gorgeous pastel roses in galvanized planter tins. Aren't they amazing? The Santa Monica Farmer's Market is filled organic treats from seasonal fruit to fresh meats and seafoods to honey, soaps and flowers.
Although we've lived in Santa Monica for a year now, we still love discovering new places right in our own backyard. The food tour helped introduce us to some new favorites:
- Tudor House (famous for their high tea and authentic imported British fare)
- Real Food Daily (known for their "Not-chos" that contain imitation everything)
- Bar Pinxto (specializing in pinxtos - bites - and tapas)
- Hot Dog on a Stick (indulged in fried cheese balls. Yes, please!)
- Bay Cities Deli (featured on Food Networks show The Best Thing I Ever Ate)
- Leonidas (imported Belgian chocolates - salted caramel... YUM!)
- Angelato's (creates over 100 specialty gelato flavors; I got blood orange and Brian go cherry & custard)
Brian is better at describing a lot of these places so hopefully he'll post his thoughts soon.
Hint, hint! :)