Sunday, June 27, 2010

Operation De-Clutter

I'm not sure if it's the sudden heatwave (aka summer) or the fact that we are coming up on our one year anniversary in our Santa Monica palace or the fact I daily dream of having a three bedroom house with a yard and a fence and a rescue puppy named Markley... BUT I have been feeling a sudden and urgent need to NEST!

I love our apartment, don't get me wrong, it is PEFECT for us. For now. But I can't help but think - how can I make it better? How can I make it feel bigger or cooler and.... here's the kicker... less cluttered. Hence: Operation De-Clutter. Now, for those of you who know me (which, is probably everyone reading this) you know that I love me some tchotchkes. I love to cluster collections around my apartment and make little groupings of related knickknacks. That being said, I also love to see the floor and the counter and the top of a book shelf which is a conflicting interest for the tchotchke lover. So here is my challenge to myself. Over the next few months of summer, I am going to attempt to de-clutter our apartment; one nook at a time. The main reason I want to do this is, despite being a desperate creature of habit, I love change. I love to see before and after pictures. This is probably why I love to bake: take these lonely ingredients, make an awesome cake! So be on the lookout for before and after pictures. This is gunna be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can now secretly stalk you! Please post lots of pics of your life in Santa Monica - I'd love to see your apartment, your neighborhood, and what life is like in Cali. Wow - that does sound stalker-ish....

    Good to virtually see you,
    Jenni
    Overambitious and Lazy

    ReplyDelete